Diversity & Inclusion Interview Series: Tangible Benefits on Business
Each interview in this interview series includes the BASICs, WHYs AND HOWs regarding diversity and inclusion. So often when we hear the words “diversity and inclusion” we think about race and maybe culture. But race and culture are just two key aspects when speaking about the diversity of ethnicity. Plus diversity and inclusion are much broader.
In order to take a deeper dive, it’s important to focus on workplace diversity and inclusion and how it improves the work environment and bottom line.
That’s why I’m excited to introduce you to the second expert interview in this series featuring, Carrie Neumann, Senior Director, Diversity & Inclusion at a Fortune 500 company. And we are going to be talking about the bottom line benefits organizations experience as a result of D&I. This sets the stage to understand why its important for you, as a leader, to educate yourself and some practical tools … plus so much more!
As revealed by research, we know that diverse and inclusive work groups produce more awareness and more exchange of information. Bringing in different ideas and perspectives leads to better problem-solving. Working in diverse teams opens dialogue and promotes creativity. It’s a win-win.
So this interview will give you the opportunity to uncover some blind spots you didn’t know you had or garner some golden nuggets to take with you.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:29 – Why, as a leader in business, is it important to educate ourselves about diversity & inclusion?
- 8:01 – How do we start educating ourselves?
- 10:54 – Beyond gender and race, what are the other areas of diversity?
- 12:22 – What are the dimensions of diversity?
- 13:39 – What are tangible examples of how diversity beneficially impacts business outcomes?
- 18:03 – What is the Platinum Rule?
- 22:00 – If you don’t know enough – what are good resources?
- 23:45 – What’s great about the Smithsonian Institute’s Talking About Race portal when it comes to educating ourselves about the African American Culture? CLICK HERE How To Be An Anti-racist by Ibram X. Kendi — You can get the audio book free CLICK HERE